If you are one of those people who has a campervan holiday on your bucket list then what’s it going to take to tick it off the list? Perhaps you still need convincing as to why it’s a great holiday experience?
Here’s our top 5 reasons why you should go on a campervan holiday experience:
1) Roam free: No other method of travel offers such freedom, with a campervan affording almost the same reach as a motorcar with the convenience of your own ‘home’ on board. Outside of the busiest spots in peak season, campsite bookings aren’t required, allowing you to follow a flexible campervan route at your own pace lingering when the time is right and heading in the direction your mood takes you.
2) Wake up to a new view everyday: You’re spoiled for choice when it comes to parking up for the night in some of the most picturesque locations. With each stop comes the opportunity to explore new territory, get a fresh perspective, whether a basic council camp or scenic reserve, to groomed holiday parks hugging the coastline to plenty of designated freedom camping spots… It’s amazing what you can see through the campervan window.
3) Immerse yourself with nature: Between golden sunrises and fiery sunsets, bright days and dark nights illuminated by the moon, stars and campfire, the sound of wind in the trees and rain on the roof, the smells of pine forest and seaside saltiness… Few other forms of travel offer so much daily interaction and connection with the natural world.
4) Be social: A beloved pastime for generations, the camping holiday is as popular as ever and enjoyed by folks from all over the world and all walks of life. You’ll encounter a camping culture that is welcoming and kids needn’t be the only ones making new friends. Campsites are famous for their conviviality and communal spirit – striking up a conversation and sharing travel stories takes little more than a linger around the barbecue or other shared area.
5) Allow for surprises: On a campervan road trip, getting there is more than half the fun. Follow your nose down roads less travelled to encounter the unexpected – a waterfall walkway or deserted beach, a small-town museum or historic site with interpretive displays. Slow down, relax, and make room for a little serendipity.
Travelling around New Zealand and Australia is a remarkable experience and Britz & Maui campervans can make it truly unforgettable. You have the flexibility and freedom to just pick a road and go. With branches in Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown (New Zealand) or a choice of 10 locations around Australia, you can fly to a location, pick up your campervan, and be spontaneous.
To view a list of our current offers across Australia and New Zealand, please click here.